The Deconstructed Sushi
2/7/2017 - Category: cooking,
I often improvise in the kitchen and this ended up being called "The Deconstructed Sushi"!
You will see below a lot of different versions. I either use a mix of veggies and/or rice to build the tower! Here's the basic recipe:
- Add some basmati rice to boiling water in a saucepan, add some Maldon salt; when boiling again, reduce the heat and cook for about 10 minutes,
- In parallel, put some olive oil in a wok, start heating and add some minced veggies of your choice, reduce the heat and let them naturally caramelize! Stir often, do NOT burn! The goal is to get them to become a bit like puree but still in the solid form, it is key to be able to put together the 'tower' you see on the picture; add some Maldon salt, a bit of cayenne pepper...
- When the rice and the veggies are almost done, cook the seafood! In a pan, add some olive oil and start heating, add the seasoned sea scallop (Maldon salt and other spices you might like...) and shrimp. Careful, they cook extremely fast!
- When the veggies are almost cooked enough, add some ghee and stir again!
- When the rice is cooked, get rid of the water and add some coconut oil, stir!
- It's time to take your ring mold and put some rice at the bottom! Push on the rice so that it sticks well together. Then, add a layer of veggies. Finally, put your sea scallop on top and the shrimp!
Here is my vegan friendly version featuring a king mushroom!